Nevada Society of Scottish Clans
Founded in 1982, the Nevada Society of Scottish Clans celebrates their rich Caledonian history and cultural
heritage. The Society is based in Northern Nevada and serves a membership of over two hundred people. Membership is not limited to the Scots, but includes all who have an interest in the culture and heritage of Scotland.
For more information: www.nvssc.org
The Scottish-American Military Society (SAMS)
SAMS was founded and chartered in North Carolina, April 12, 1981, as a non-profit organization with the following purpose.
To preserve and promote Scottish and American Armed Forces customs, traditions, and heritage, by:
- Providing a forum for exchange of military history and genealogical information
- Conducting public education programs
- Presenting military student honor awards
- Supporting Scottish activities at Highland Games
- Making contributions to qualified scholarship funds or institutions
- Making appropriate charitable contributions
- Providing a fraternal atmosphere for members
~ Offers two MP3 files you can download for FREE on the SoundClick Sierra Highlanders Pipe Band page
- Air and Jigs; Suo Gan, fifties Fingers and The Broken Stick from our CD ‘By Popular Demand’
- Amazing Grace; Sierra Highlanders Pipe Band with Symphonic arrangement by William Kersten, from our ‘Back From Scotland’ CD
Our Friends, Whiskey Before Breakfast
…a really fun Ceilidh band ~ with a great new CD!!
- Jim Hutchins, guitar & vocals
- Sue Bennett, penny whistle & flute
- Bruce McBeth, fiddler
- Dave Andrews, bodhran & vocals
For Bookings and Information, please contact:
Love Celtic folk music?
A local duo from Carson City has a new Christmas CD! Gáirín gives a beautiful and unusual approach to Celtic-Inspired & American folk music. Click here to get more information and hear samples of their music.
For our Irish Friends:
Sons & Daughters of Erin
c/o Bettylou Reed
6469 Valley Wood Drive
Reno, NV 89523
(775) 746-9641 or
House of Labhran
For pipeband supplies
or more Celtic shopping, please visit the “Student Info” page for more links.